Saturday, May 1, 2010

Help Travel Back to Newburgh's Heyday

I think I'm starting this as a way to vent, but I'm not sure where I'm going with this. My thoughts jump back and forth in time and so will the order of these posts. There may not be one particular story to present or one particular view; the only common thread throughout this is Newburgh (old or new), but please bear with me...

I'm hoping this can be a place to connect with others who see something more that run down buildings and people loitering. I'm looking to collaborate with these people of vision, and hope to get ideas of how I can help bring Newburgh back to its grandeur.

This only represents my thoughts and ideas however good or bad they may be. Statements are only based on my experiences and I may not have my facts straight. If you find that's the case, let be know, but please be nice about it. If you are taking the time to read this, you and I ultimately have the same goal: to see a new Newburgh reminiscent of what it was at the turn of the last century.

Although I never lived in Newburgh, I used to live in NYC and this place reminds me of a scaled down version of where I grew up. I love the idea of old buildings, small shops along Broadway, and glimpses of the Hudson River.

I'm a small stakeholder in this city, having only a single row house, but I have high hopes for the place.

What frustrates me is trying to get things to turn around. Perhaps I'm being impatient, as I do see things changing slightly, but I wonder if I'll ever see a complete turnaround to what Newburgh once was.

No comments:

Post a Comment